Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year, happy lungs!

It's 2014! It's been nine months since my venture to quit smoking, and I've succeeded. After getting bronchitis in September, I even stopped buying e-cigs. I puff on others' from time to time, but it's certainly not a daily thing. I feel no cravings, I don't miss it. I have gained weight, but I'll let my lack of exercise be responsible for that. I've gained about seven pounds in the last five months. Maybe it was all the holiday food... So my goal for the year is to get back to the weight on my driver's license (128) by my birthday, which is when it expires. I'll miss it, because it's a great photo of me, but I'll be happy to not have the red "minor til 2009" border.
2013 was the year of breaking bad habits. 2014 will be the year of starting good ones. I've already got a calorie counter, and some affirmations for daily exercise. All I have to do is do it. I'm revisiting this blog to remember how I felt when I was approaching the obstacle of quitting smoking. I'm already in a more positive head space just reviewing old posts. I know finding motivation to exercise and eat right is the hardest thing for lots of people. I can't afford a gym membership, but I've got p90x, some weights and bands, and a spacious room. Getting into a routine is the best thing I can do right now. I need to wake up earlier so I can have more of the day to give myself the food, exercise, and me time that everyone deserves before working. That being said, it's time to hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment